My problem is without a doubt: snacking. I eat all the time. I don’t have to be hungry and most of the time when I eat, I’m not hungry. I just want food. And it’s always carbs or fat. But mostly carbs. Today: Sunspire Sundrops, Hail Merry lemon tart, Two Moms in the Raw truffles, and kettle chips. Yesterday: six slices buttered millet bread, yogurt almonds, almond butter, almond flour crackers, Steve’s coconut milk ice cream. Thursday: Sundrops and who knows what else, I can’t remember. Wednesday: an entire container of gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough.
So now that I have a problem, I need a solution. One option is intermittent fasting. I can do 16/8, which is 16 hours of fasting and eating in an eight hour window. I can do 5/2 which is fasting 2 days a week. I’m thinking a combination of the two, 16/8 with one 24 hour period of fasting weekly. In Ayurveda, breakfast is optional for Kapha types, which whether I am or not is debatable, but I definitely have a Kapha imbalance. I tend to snack the most in between breakfast and lunch and mid-afternoon. I know eating from only 12p-8pm will not completely fix the problem so carbs gotta go. And no nuts.
As I type this, I’m watching the documentary Sugar Coated. It’s really not useful to try and moderate sugar/sweets/desserts/grains/starches. I’m sure I wouldn’t dip into depression occasionally if I would kick the carbo habit. Goodness knows my digestion is 90% better when I go grain free (the other 10% is dairy). My skin is clear when I don’t eat sugar. WHY ON EARTH DO I CONTINUE TO EAT IT!!!